The Center for Innovation in Cities is looking for a Postdoctoral fellow to conduct research on Innovation related to Smart Cities, with special focus on Open Innovation in the area. The offer has been posted at EURAXESS. Here are the main details:
Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellowship in Innovation
Date Posted: 01/07/2014
Application Deadline: 01/09/2014
Expected starting date: 01/01/2015
ESADE Business School (University Ramon Llull)
Center for Innovation in Cities
Institute of Innovation and Knowledge Management
Invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in: Innovation. Expertise in public sector innovation, open innovation and/or smart cities required.
Candidates must hold a recent Ph.D. in the fields of public administration, management sciences, public policy, information systems, or related areas. Expertise in one or several of the following areas is desirable: Public sector innovation, open innovation, smart cities, innovation ecosystems, collaborative innovation, or digital social innovation. Quantitative research methodologies will be a plus.
Candidates should have a proven ability to work with colleagues from other disciplines and a proven track record of publications (or in-progress publications). The successful candidate is expected to conduct his/her research in the field, and publish research results in the most prestigious international journals. He/she will also participate in the relevant activities or projects of the Center for Innovation in Cities/Institute of Innovation and Knowledge Management. Participation in conference organization or other coordination tasks may be required periodically.
The post will be offered on a fixed-term contract for a period of 2 years initially.
Completed application should include:
(1) Curriculum vitae, including the list of publications or work-in-progress.
(2) Synopsis of the applicant’s Ph.D. thesis, (if needed, the applicant should be prepared to send a copy of the thesis).
(3) Proposed plan of post-doctoral work at the Center for Innovation in Cities/Institute of Innovation and Knowledge Management.
(4) One writing sample, which could be an article or a scholarly paper published/presented in academic journals/conferences or extracts from the applicant’s past academic work.
(5) Two recommendations, of which one could be from the applicant’s dissertation supervisor.
For more information about ESADE Business School and the Center for Innovation in Cities/Institute of Innovation and Knowledge Management, candidates are encouraged to consult the websites http://www.esade.edu/web/eng and http://www.esade.edu/research-webs/eng/iik.
Dr. Esteve Almirall / Dra. Mila Gascó
Center for Innovation in Cities/Institute of Innovation and Knowledge Management
ESADE Business School
Av. de Pedralbes, 60-62
E-08034 Barcelona (Spain)